Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring Cleaning...Or Something

It's really a good thing that I decided not to continue my library science degree. This past week I had the tiniest amount of Spanish homework to do for my new Spanish class (the one that will teach me to be fluent in 10 weeks; I'm convinced of it). My class meets on Monday nights, so I had all week to do it. When yesterday afternoon rolled around and I still hadn't taken the homework out of my bag, I realized that I had some kind of a studying block. For heavens' sake, I wanted to take this class. I want to refresh my Spanish!

But here's what I did instead of reading a paragraph in Spanish and answering three questions. I took everything out of all my kitchen cupboards, scrubbed the cupboards themselves and then washed all the contents that were washable, created really cool new organizational systems that involved these cute baskets, and then put everything back such that I was amazed by how much cupboard space I actually have when things aren't just shoved in there willy-nilly.

The homework didn't get done--hey, I still have all day today--but my kitchen looks awesome. On second thought, maybe if I had continued my library science degree, I'd be able to actually find a pillowcase in my linen closet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

So, how was Spanish class this week? Did you get more homework? If you keep this up your whole house will be sparkling clean and organized! :)

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home