Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Monday, September 18, 2006

But My Bed is So Warm and Comfy

A couple weeks ago, my friend Laura sent out an email to a few people trying to solicit company for a band she wanted to see. They were scheduled to go on at 11pm, which means they might start by midnight.

Because 10pm, even on a weekend, is certifiably "past my bedtime," I was thankful that my mom was going to be in town so that I had an excuse for not joining in the late night festivities. I could bow out, yet still preserve the illusion that, were I free, I would certainly be the kind of fun, cool person who would go see a band at 11pm.

"Well, I didn't expect that YOU would come," Laura explained to me with a chuckle when I told her that, regretfully, I couldn't make it. "I just didn't want you to feel left out."

I felt a little slighted, that I had perhaps been pegged unfairly as the "Boring Friend."

But then again, maybe it's justified. Mark and I have been anticipating the premiere of "Studio 60" for months now, and when we saw that it came on from 9-10 tonight, we just laughed and decided no show was worth staying up that late for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home