Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I've Tried, I Really Have

I had to consult a picture that Mark and I took in our backyard about this time two years ago, to see if maybe--just maybe--it was my imagination that our perennial garden was ever really beautiful. I continue to tell people that I was fortunate enough to inherit a "gorgeous" backyard garden when we bought our house, but today I forced myself to really LOOK at that garden. Truth be told, it is an overgrown, weed-infested mess, with a few brave flowers poking up through the disaster. The picture that I just reviewed confirms that two years ago, shortly after we bought the house. the garden was not overgrown, nor was it weed-infested. All I really can do at this point is wait for the snow to hide the evidence and then try to make some sense of the whole thing in the spring.

On the bright side, I have managed to grow about a zillion zucchini squash.

1 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

this totally happened to me in my old house, too. it's a bummer. luckily the yard at my new house was not beautiful.. when i killed the bushes, it was really an improvement. i'll be gardening with you in the spring.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home