Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Dog Days

So having spent the better part of the summer either out of town or engaged in planning massive social events, one would think that I'm happy to be back home, enjoying life that has more or less returned to normal.

Enter the un-air-conditioned classroom on the Monday morning following a weekend where temps and humidity soared to torturous heights. Even my students accustomed to Thailand's climate told me that this was the hottest they'd ever been in their lives. There was no mistaking their words this morning: "Teach-ah, it so hot, I think I DIE!"

True, they also told me that they thought they were dying last January, but I couldn't disagree with their assessment of our current weather. Tomorrow I plan to teach entirely from a sitting down position. Should be interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Don't fret. It'll be cooler (or at least less humid) tomorrow.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home