Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

60 Hours To Go

So my parents and my brother and sister-in-law will arrive tomorrow, bearing some 50 pounds of fruits and vegetables, and hopefully most everything else that one needs to successfully host a backyard barbeque for 85.

Mark and I are frantically trying to prepare for the crowds, many of whom are my out-of-state relatives who have not yet seen our house. The pressure is intense, which is why I just spent the last 45 minutes crawling around our entire main floor on my hands and knees with a damp paper towel, trying to eradicate those ubiquitous hardwood floor dust bunnies.

Of course, I might be making better progress if I actually stuck to my to-do list, which includes things like sweeping, cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, raking and watering the garden. It does not include painting the basement, which I decided nonetheless to do yesterday on a whim.

The bathtub may be grimy (who will see that anyway?), but at least the Harvest Brown walls look gorgeous.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne,

This is David, Daniel's friend. I really enjoy the blog! Let me know if you need any help, or if you need me to make something for Saturday. Good luck! My email is thews at stolaf dot edu.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

David--thank you so much for your offer! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you much on Saturday, but I know it meant a lot to Daniel that you were so involved. I also saw shower pictures yesterday--it looked like quite an affair!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home