Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Oh Yeah, Plus We Had to Buy New Tires

I guess when it rains, it pours. While I'm happy to have my little Honda Civic, the car that reportedly Never Breaks Down and Will Run Forever, the routine maintenance can get a little pricey. I'm not sure what's worse: paying $350 when something goes wrong with the car, or paying $350 when nothing is wrong with the car. Which is what we did yesterday, just a day after the furnace guy told us that we need a new water heater.

"What would happen if we just wait for it to go?" I asked without irony.

He grinned. "Be prepared for some water on your floor."

He couldn't have come up with a better sell. One flood per lifetime is plenty.

I think I'll have to cut back on my lattes and hope one of my colleagues gets sick so I can pick up some extra hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Anne,
I'm so sorry that I just discovered the message you left on my blog. The bags are back in my shop. The only reason I removed them was because I thought it was a little too much crazy color. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I'm sad that you won't be coming to the reunion. You never know what hilarious high school memories we might try to recreate.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home