Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Active Schmactive

My whole life I've gone through exercise "phases." I'll spend awhile being fairly lethargic (though I've always reasoned that teaching is a physically active job, and I do try to take the stairs instead of the escalator when I'm at the mall), and then I'll decide it's time to get serious and get myself into an exercise routine. When I got married, I thought Mark would be a great exercise partner/motivator. He was a soccer player who liked to go for morning runs and do active, outdoor things like camping and hiking. Perhaps it's actually my more sedate lifestyle that's rubbed off on him, though, as evidenced by last night's conversation.

"Are you going to the Y tonight, Mark?"

"I don't think so. I'm too tired."

"You sat at your desk all day and then sat in a meeting at church tonight. You should get some exercise."

"It's too hot to go out. Besides, I did walk to the refrigerator to get my lunch."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like Mom or Dad... :)

-D

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home