Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Friday, September 14, 2007

Life Is Good

So my brother-in-law, Patrick, is something of a godsend. Yesterday, after a long day at work that culminated in the discovery that my car had been hit sometime during the school day, I arrived home in a state of exhaustion that barely allowed me to even kick off my shoes before collapsing on the couch.

I had been fully prepared to beg one of them to bring me cereal on that couch, but miracle of miracles, Patrick and Mark had already fired up the grill and were both hard at work in the kitchen, preparing dinner. Without even being asked. And when I weakly, guiltily squeaked, "What can I do to help?" Patrick said this: "Nothing. Go lie down. We'll call you when it's ready."

And after a very respectable meal, Patrick watched six episodes of The Office: Season 3 with me and didn't even get grossed out during my laughing-induced phlegmy coughing fits.

Heaven, heaven, I tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home