Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Monday, August 13, 2007

Summer Vacations

So I've been out of town 22 of the last 25 days, on what could only very loosely be called two "vacations." Here is a brief synopsis:

First vacation: I DROVE to Baltimore with my mom to help my brother and sister-in-law pack and clean in preparation for their three year stint in England. At one point, while Magic Erasing the scuffs from the inside of their coat closet, I wondered where my life had taken such a sad turn. Here I was, in the same ratty t-shirt for the third day in a row, spending my hard-earned summer vacation helping M and D jet off to the Yorkshire Dales to start a glamorous new British life. After it was over, I got back into my mom's mini-van and drove back to Minneapolis, in the same ratty t-shirt. I was carsick for pretty much the whole 24 hours home.

Second vacation: We spent a week at our cabin (they call them "camps" up there) in the U.P., where I was instrumental in ridding the place of no fewer than FOUR mice. Please refer to a previous blog entry to get my opinion on mice. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home