Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sew...We'll See How It Goes

Today, my plan is to buy a sewing machine. My mom is a talented seamstress who made 90% of our wardrobe when we were kids (and truth be told, well into our teenage years), and my grandma was a high school home ec teacher. My sewing resume includes a pin cushion from 7th grade and numerous other projects throughout the years that I got really excited about for about 10 seconds before they ended up in my mom's "please help Anne finish (or start)" pile. But, I am really motivated by the idea of doing fun and economical things like making my own window treatments. Or maybe a toaster cover, or a Christmas wall hanging.

I do tend to have this little problem with getting bored by hobbies very quickly, but the good thing about sewing is that there is a significant start-up cost, and so the guilt should carry me through at least a few projects.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a sewing machine?
Have you made curtains? Table runners? Neon shorts? A pin cushion?

- D

1:30 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I did get my sewing machine! So far, I've repaired a ripped pillow. Albeit clumsily, but at least the stuffing no longer falls out.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! That's better than I could do...

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home