Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day of School

I spent the better part of the last two weeks worrying about my massive class list for this fall: 40 level 1 adult English language learners. In a classroom that has a capacity of 26. I worried so much that I decided, uncharacteristically, to take action: during workshops last week, I snuck into the office and begged the scheduling admin in the office to have pity on me and please please please find a way to split my class in half and, well, convince my supervisor to hire another teacher. Or something. Anything!

Amazingly, it worked. With my class list whittled down to 25, I was prepared yesterday to start the year. Half an hour into class, my 8th and last student of the day wandered in, and then 2 of them had to leave early. I felt more than embarrassed about my scene in the office last week, and am hoping that no one follows up. I'm prepared to play dumb if they do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...you'll have to let us know what happens!

Do you know how many students the other teacher had?

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home