Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pregnancy Brain??

It's been two full months since I've written, and I blame it on one thing: my total inability to recall simple vocabulary words, much less string together a few of them in order to create some kind of witty blog entry. I don't know if it's because it's my third full year of teaching a low-level ELL class, or if it's the much-talked-about "pregnancy brain" that has made me dim, but something is up.

In addition to my conversation being constantly reduced to "likes" and "ums," I also am forgetting things left and right. I have always prided myself on my rock-solid organizational skills, never worrying about spacing a social engagement or flubbing an appointment. But on Wednesday, I truly reached a new low when attempting to meet a friend for dinner. Not only did I get the time wrong, but I actually got the restaurant wrong. I was wandering through the restaurant on my cell phone ("You're in the back? Okay, I'm looking for you...what side, exactly?"), even enlisting the help of the hostess before calling my husband to double-check my calendar to see where exactly we were supposed to be meeting.

I'm contemplating complete hibernation for the remainder of this pregnancy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
Hmmm...does it provide solace to know that your adventures give me laughs? :)

-D

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame in on pregnancy brain since that is so unlike you! Hope you found your friend and had a nice dinner.

Dawn

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home